Saturday, January 30, 2010

it's the weekend yippee

Blog hopping the other day I came across this blog by Garden Gnome :clones We're big fans of a lot of prepackaged food. With recent heart problems I've been buying low sodium stuff but this is perfect. I didn't add any boullion yet as I can keep it in a big container and use either beef or chicken and save the jars for important stuff- like jelly and orange curd :). I added a bunch of dried veggies that I had a container of and didn't use enough...taste test was supposed to be today but no one but me was home at lunch time so I didn't want to make a big batch of rice to just sit.




DD seems to think the rice a roni clone- the way I did it looked like Trader Joe's rice mix...could be true.



This morning was replenishing the quick mix from Chicken's in the Road blog and making dough for another loaf of bread. The stand up mixer never got so much work in years as with the bread baking.




remember the brownie mix from the other day? these are so moist and yummy..an instant favorite of the house :)


No comments:

Post a Comment